June 2, 2020  
 E-mail us
 Site Map


Frequently asked questions

Joining the WRLA

Q: How do I become a member of the WRLA?

A: Employers of all sizes, including sole proprietorships are eligible for membership. Interested employers should contact the Western Retail Lumber Association Inc. at 1 (800) 661-0253.

Q: How do I become eligible for participation in the WRLA Employee Benefits Group?

A: Participation in the WRLA Volume Purchasing Program is an exclusive membership privilege offered by the WRLA. All members of the WRLA are eligible to participate in the WRLA Employee Benefits Program. Interested WRLA members or prospective members should contact Morneau Shepell at 1 (877) 432-8494.

back to top


Q: When is my premium payment due?

A: Payment is due on the date printed on the billing statement. Most invoices are mailed within weeks of the due date.

Q: When are notices of employee changes due?

A: To ensure that employee coverage changes (e.g., new hires, terminations, etc…) are relected on your next premium statement, complete a Group Enrolment or Change Form and forward to The Co-operators Life Group Administration Department immediately. Changes to an employee’s insurance must be reported within 31 days from the date of change.

Q: Is it required that I adjust my monthly premium payment to reflect the changes I am submitting?

A: No. You can submit changes without adjusting the premium amount due. Your next invoice will indicate the credit or the back charges for the changes submitted.

Q: Is there a waiting period that must be satisfied before new employees can be added to the group plan?

A: The WRLA program’s waiting period can be found on the “Eligibility Rules” on this site.

back to top

Policy Administration

back to top


Q: Who is considered a full-time student?

A: An individual can be considered a full-time student up to the age of 25 if they are registered at a high school, university, trade school, college or similar educational institution and attending on a full time basis.

Q: How many hours must an employee work to be eligible for enrolment?

A: Please refer to the “Eligibility Rules” on this site.

Q: Do all of my employees have to enrol in the health insurance plan?

A: Enrolment in the health plan is mandatory for all full-time employees unless they have similar coverage through a spouse’s plan.

back to top

General Issues

Q: Am I covered for medical treatment away from my residence?

A: If your plan covers Out-of-Country benefits and if you suddenly become ill while travelling, you should call The Co-operators Travel Assistance Benefit hotline at 1 (888) 440-2667 from Canada/U.S. or 1 (416) 340-1316 from other countries (collect). The customer service representatives at The Co-operators can help co-ordinate your coverage options.

back to top

ID Cards

Q: I have not received my Pay-Direct Drug card and I need to fill a prescription. Will my services be covered?

A: The best option is to pay for the service and file a paper claim for reimbursement, attaching original receipts. Be sure to keep copies of all receipts submitted.

back to top

Last updated on:  July 23, 2012  Page: 

This information is not intended for use without professional advice. While we have attempted to make this site as accurate as possible, it is only a summary. For more information, see our disclaimer.

Copyright © 2002 Morneau Shepell.
All Rights Reserved.